Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winchester, New Hampshire


This park wasn't actually my planned destination, but it's not uncommon for us to find ourselves in a different place if I get us lost while trying to find the actual spot we were going to visit. I wasn't disappointed though because this turned out to be a beautiful place to walk and explore. We had quite a range of weather starting with gray skies and rain sprinkles, and then it went back and forth between blue skies and sunshine, and dark skies with light snow flurries. The trail we were on was just right for strolling dog walkers. It was wide, flat and easy to walk along. On the north side of the trail the forest floor gently sloped upwards, and on the south side it sloped down into a shallow valley. We could see the rolling ridge line of hills that stretched out beyond the woods, and we also saw a small brook winding back and forth below the trail. I'm sure that once snow is covering the ground this park will be quite a wonderful sight. And with 9 trails to choose from you'd never get bored.

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi, and welcome to my blog! In my working life I'm a cook, and in my personal life I'm married and have two daughters, plus a Chihuahua named Minnie. I am also a culinary school graduate with a degree in pastry arts. When I have a day off the first thing I think about is getting my camera and hitting the road. I've always loved road trips and I've been carrying a camera since I got a 110 Instamatic for my birthday when I was a kid. So, we get in the car and travel all over seeking out new back roads and new places to visit. At least twice a year we head up to the Northeast Kingdom in Vermont and take in some of the best scenery New England has to offer, and we get to New Hampshire, too. We also do some shorter trips to Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and sometimes even New York state (although it's not in New England) and once in a blue moon, we get to Maine. When I'm not on the road I'm right here at home reading, writing, watching some classic television like Andy Griffith, or Minnie and I are out strolling in the cemeteries enjoying the art and remembering the people.